Saturday, July 25, 2009

I dreaded the idea of making a Three Milk Cake (Tres Leches Cake)...

Posted by Sweet 2ooth Treats at 2:03 PM
This cake is traditional in Latin America and Mexico essentially a Genoise (Sponge) cake and really easy to mess up especially if it is raining like it was. This is a tedious cake because like any sponge cake you have to whip ahhhh egg whites yes egg whites and like I mentioned before if it's raining they don't whip very well...

Anyway the cake is baked and soaked in three milks :
Evaporated Condensed Heavy Cream I personally add a 1/2 cup of milk to diluted some so it's not so sweet! So I look in my pantry and no flour! I really didn't feel like going to the store just for a bag of flour so I looked around and found a pancake mix.

I decided to improvise and use that instead ;0) the result?
This awesome light buttery cake recipe:


2 Cups Pancake Mix ( I happen to have AJ)

1/2 Cup of sugar (if you wanted sweeter add an addt'l 1/2 cup)
3/4 Vegetable oil
1 cup Whole Milk ( Skim for the health conscious)
1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla or 1 Vanilla Bean
4 Large Eggs


That's it! Mix all the ingredients, let it rest for 5 minutes while your oven pre-heats to 350 degrees. Pour into two- 8 inch pans and bake for 20 to 25 minutes depending on your ovens temperament (we all know our ovens have those days) If you went for the less sweeter a good chocolate frosting works if the sweeter version was your choice whip cream or mousse and berries is awesome!!!

Have Fun sharing tasting and baking !!

0 comments on "I dreaded the idea of making a Three Milk Cake (Tres Leches Cake)..."

Post a Comment

 

Sweet Tooth Treats Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez