Sunday, August 23, 2009

Chocolate chip cupcake dreams...

Posted by Sweet 2ooth Treats at 10:41 AM
So I couldn't sleep and remembered I saw an awesome recipe for chocolate chip cupcakes from one of my baking books unfortunately I had no eggs :( I did not want to go to the store, so I settled for a chocolate cupcake I had made earlier in the week and had frozen .I brought one down and let it thaw...as it was thawing I thought what would make for a better chocolate cupcake than some good old American butter cream.

Then my mind wondered again should I go get the eggs in my jammies and risk running into some1 I know at the store..aughhh...I was set on those oh so scrumptious chocolate chip cupcakes and then my Aha! moment why not chocolate chip butter cream.

I didn't feel like turning on my laptop so ..I decided to go for the good old Pastry Chef cook book from school looked up chocolate chip cookies...which I know, I know ,I should at least have somewhat memorized..and took out the eggs (really had no choice )

I gotta tell you it was really good! So I figured why not share the recipe for those who might have a midnight sweet tooth..

Chocolates chip cookie dough Butter cream

Yields 3 cups of frosting

American Butter cream:
4 cups confectioners’ sugar
1 cup-2 sticks of unsalted butter room temp
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
½ cup milk as needed to your preference of consistency
Egg less cookie dough (check out recipe below)

Chocolate Chip egg less cookie dough:
1/2 cup(1 stick) butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar, plus 4 tablespoons
4 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Or

Chocolate egg less cookie dough:

1/2 cup(1 stick) butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar, plus 4 tablespoons
6 teaspoons water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup All purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chocolate chips

½ Dark chocolate cocoa powder

Directions:

EGG LESS COOKIE DOUGH:
Cream the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add water and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and salt and stir to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips (optional).

*Remember to store in refrigerator until ready to use.

FROSTING:
In a mixing bowl cream butter, salt and vanilla until light and fluffy. Add half the powdered sugar and add milk as necessary. Once well combined scrape down bowl and add the rest of the powdered sugar and again milk as necessary. Add eggless cookie dough to mixture and frost your favorite cakes or cupcakes I recommend chocolate, peanut butter or chocolate chip cupcakes!

0 comments on "Chocolate chip cupcake dreams..."

Post a Comment

 

Sweet Tooth Treats Copyright 2009 Sweet Cupcake Designed by Ipiet Templates Image by Tadpole's Notez